- PhD degree in mathematics: University of Warsaw, 1982.
Dissertation: Smooth actions of finite groups on disks.
Advisers: Andrzej Białynicki-Birula, Rober A. Oliver.
Habilitation: Adam Mickiewicz University, 2001
Smooth actions of finite groups on manifolds with a given homotopy type.
- Pernament position: Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań, Poland.
- Selected visiting positions. China: Shanghai University, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Germany: Göttingen Universität, Heidelberg Universität, Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in Bonn, Japan: Tokyo University, Research Institute for Mathematical Sciences
at Kyoto University, Osaka City University, Okayama University, Korea Republic: Korea Institute for Advanced Study – School of Mathematics, Daejeon, USA: Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences – New York University, Chicago University, Ohio State University – Columbus, Ohio.
- Conference organization:
– Transformation Groups, Poznań 1985.
– Algebraic Topology, Poznań 1989.
– Poznań Workshop on Transformation Groups: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004.
– Group Actions and Homogeneous Spaces, Bratislava, Slovakia, 2009.
– Group Action Forum Conference: Málaga 2006, Poznań 2010, Mediolan 2010.
– Knots, Manifolds, and Group Actions, Słubice, Poland, 2013.
– Glances@Manifolds: Kraków 2015, Kraków 2016.
- Students with PhD degree in mathematics under my guidance:
– Marek Kaluba, Constructions of smooth exotic actions on homotopy
complex projective spaces and products of manifolds, Poznań, 2014.
– Wojciech Politarczyk, Equivariant Khovanov homology, Poznań, 2015.