- Born on July 16, 1950, in Krotoszyn, Poland.
- Master title in mathematics from the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań, 1973.
Master thesis: Microbundles.
Advisers: Julian Musielak, Wojciech Pulikowski.
- PhD degree in mathematics from the University of Warsaw, 1982.
Dissertation: Smooth actions of finite groups on disks.
Advisers: Andrzej Białynicki-Birula, Rober A. Oliver.
- Habilitation from the Adam Mickiewicz University, 2001, based on a series of papers on
Smooth actions of finite groups on manifolds with a given homotopy type.
- Professor of Mathematical Sciences title received from the President of Poland in 2016.
- Pernament position: Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań, Poland (1973–2021)
- Selected visiting positions.
– China: Shanghai University, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.
– Germany: Göttingen Universität, Heidelberg Universität, Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in Bonn.
– Japan: Tokyo University, Research Institute for Mathematical Sciences at Kyoto University, Osaka City University, Okayama University.
– Korea Republic: Korea Institute for Advanced Study, School of Mathematics (Daejeon).
– USA: Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences at New York University, Chicago University (Chicago, Illinois), Ohio State University (Columbus, Ohio).
- Conference (co-organization):
– Transformation Groups, Poznań 1985.
– Algebraic Topology, Poznań 1989.
– Poznań Workshop on Transformation Groups: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004.
– Group Actions and Homogeneous Spaces, Bratislava, Slovakia, 2009.
– Group Action Forum Conference: Málaga 2006, Poznań 2010, Mediolan 2010.
– Knots, Manifolds, and Group Actions, Słubice, Poland, 2013.
– Glances@Manifolds: Kraków 2015, Kraków 2016, Kraków 2018.
- Students with PhD degree in mathematics under my guidance:
– Marek Kaluba, Constructions of smooth exotic actions on homotopy
complex projective spaces and products of manifolds, Poznań, 2014.
– Wojciech Politarczyk, Equivariant Khovanov homology, Poznań, 2015.
– Piotr Mizerka, Excluding and constructing of exotic group actions on spheres, Poznań, 2021.